Friday, November 16, 2007

Take that, Winter! Mittens

Woohoo!!! My hands will never be cold again!


I decided to make these last winter when I was standing in the below 0ºF windchill waiting for the bus. It was too cold for gloves, but mittens didn't let me use my fingers to get my bus pass out of my wallet. Mittens with fingerless gloves or whatever they are called inside would probably have been ok, but then my poor fingertips would be exposed to the cold. So I looked through my stash and realized that I had some sock yarn that pretty much exactly matched my wool yarn so I decided to pair them together to make these!
I used the sock yarn to knit some gloves with no cuff and I used the wool yarn to knit some giant mittens with no cuff that I later felted to make them fit nice and snug. Then I put the glove on inside the mitten picked up stitches through both parts around the cuff and knit down for awhile! Ta da!



I'd put up more pictures and details and stuff, but the internet is being all weird, so that will probably wait till tomorrow.

1 comment:

AndreaLea said...

You are a knitting mastermind.