Saturday, August 30, 2008

Meet Calvin!

Here's a new kitten I got today! His (well, I'm not quite positive it's a male, but either way) name is Calvin. We chose that name because the other cat is Cuddle Duds, like the underwear brand, so we thought it would be funny to continue giving the cats underwear names. If it was a girl, it might have been Victoria, for Victoria's Secret, for example. We had some fun vetoing "Fruit of the Loom" and "Hanes" and settled on Calvin Klein. Plus, he's orange like Hobbes, so Calvin's a good name for him.




Um... my garden is going pretty well in some areas (like the jalapenos) and not so great in others. Like corn.

This is the one ear that grew on the 2 stalks I had. The main problem, I am guessing, is that the one morning I went to look at the plants and saw that there was pollen all over the stalk, there was a huge thunderstorm an hour later and it all washed away. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Can you get kicked out of Iowa for failing at corn?

I should point out that I made some fabulous spaghetti sauce out of the tomatoes, basil and oregano I had growing, so I pretty much love the garden.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Calvin is cute and I love the name! Iowans are nice, so I'm sure they'll give you another chance on the corn. :)