Monday, February 25, 2008

Bowl Disaster (AKA The Breakfast of Champions)

So, lately this is what I've been eating for breakfast. It is delicious, and mostly good for you. It has protein, omega-3, fiber, good fats and yumminess all at once. Its the only thing that I've eaten for breakfast lately that keeps me from getting hungry before 11 am.

It is completely impossible to get out of a bowl without a good scrubbing. The dishwasher can't handle it. It also looks a little gross. Sean gets very upset when I leave "bowl disaster" in the sink. It's a pretty big joke around here. Here's how to have your very own bowl disaster!:

Start with a bowl.


Add some chocolate chips. The amount added depends on how bad of a mood you are in.


Add a lot of oatmeal (Old-fashioned, not instant. Steel cut is probably better, but who has that?)


Add a couple spoonfuls of flax seed. This is the secret weapon.


Add a big ol' scoop of peanut butter. The natural kind with just peanuts and salt. None of that processed partially hydrogenated crap.


Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir everything together. Eat it. Yummy.


Anyway, here are some pictures of mountains from my trip to Oregon last weekend. It was sunny and in the 60ยบ's and beautiful! The pointy mountain is Mt. Hood. The roundish mountain is Mt. St. Helens.



Oh yeah, I've been knitting, too. The airplane ride helped with this a lot. Here are some socks! I keep getting messed up on the pattern and having to reknit parts of them. This means that there are some places with loose stitches, but I think it will be ok. It seems like I still have a million miles left to knit till I get to the toes. At least the foot part is half stockinette. Then again, the pattern was way easier to follow on the leg. It's all weird for the foot. Ah well. I am excited to have some knit socks that I love! Even if I sort of hate them.

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

I am just past the halfway point of the foot chart on mine. I messed up at some point and have an extra YO and decrease in there. I think it's only a few rows back though.

Good luck with yours!

Chelsea said...

I wouldn't try steel-cut oatmeal. They need about 10 minutes of cooking time. I do have them because I eat them every morning for breakfast. So far a big bowl of steel cut oatmeal with cranberries and walnuts is the only thing that keeps me full until after 11.

AndreaLea said...

Anthony has been on a big oatmeal kick lately too. But he calls it opameal.
I like Mt. Hood. It is neat and pointy looking. Also, Mt. St. Helens isn't as tall as I thought it would be. Maybe it's much taller in person and not viewed against a skyline?
I feel like I should start a pair of pots too. I'm working on Diagonal Rib right now (free pattern from IK). Very easy to memorize. You've been to my house, you know having to reference a chart doesn't work out well.

Unknown said...

I had bowl disaster for breakfast. Only I hadn't read your directions yet so I cooked for 60 seconds. It tasted burned. I think I prefer unbaked cookies, but I might try bowl disaster again.