Monday, July 16, 2007

Almost back!!

I am flying back from vacation today. I hate flying! Not flying, exactly. I hate paying hundreds of dollars to be treated like crap by the airlines. Take off your shoes, unpack your whole bag, your plane's delayed, we can't find you a seat, we'll put you next to a chain smoking chatty cathy, etc etc. It's ridiculous. Anyway, vacation was awesome!! Here is my favorite picture from it:

I got a surprisingly good start on this green aran tote that's been floating in my head for months since I bought a hank of yarn that's a really great color. Then I had to buy a couple more hanks once I decided what to do. The cables are from the book at the library Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore. I love the way the cable snakes around up and down in addition to side-to-side, if that makes any sense. Here's what I've got so far:
If all goes according to plan, I will have a cute little messenger bag/tote with a big fold-over flap and a zipper at the top and a magnetic button at the bottom (ooh maybe not if I want to put my computer in it, I should think about that...maybe a wood toggle or something instead) and a sewn fabric lining and a nice wide, strong strap and it will be wonderful! If all goes according to plan.

No comments: