Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ranty McRanterson

My OB sends out surveys after every visit. Here's what I wrote about the one for today:

"A pregnant woman should not have to wait in a waiting room for two hours with no food or water prior to taking a glucose test before even being seen by anyone. By the time I finally got around to the test I ended up passing out, which I doubt would have happened if I had been seen in a reasonable amount of time.

"When, after an hour of waiting (the sign posted at the desk says to check with them if you have been waiting for longer than 15 minutes), I politely asked the staff at the front desk if I would be seen soon, I was rather harshly informed that "if you signed in, we know you're here."

"Some of the nursing staff were at least kind enough to give me water and parts of their own lunch so I would be well enough to drive home.

"I am switching providers."

Gah. Plus I've already gained 27 lbs.  And I still have 12.5 weeks to go.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Good god that sucks. I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a better option.